Thank you for choosing Simfotico! Your shoot should be fun, comfortable, and provide with lasting memories of this time in your life. In order to get the most out of our time together, there are a few things we need to consider.
What to wear.
- Wear something you feel good in. Something comfortable, something that feels like you and something that compliments your complexion.
- Solids are better than prints.
- Jewel tones are better than black, pastels or whites. Medium to dark browns are very nice as well. We will have many more shooting options if you wear reds, greens, deep blues, oranges, browns, etc.
- Shoes should allow us to shoot on grass if we are going to be outdoors. Heels are a real pain in the grass!
- Jewelry should be something that catches light and will be interesting in close ups. Think dangling red crystals or green beads…
Where to have the shoot.
- Forests or Wide open spaces?
- Home – Record your every day life
- Kid friendly
Things to keep in mind for posing.
- Chin out
- Head down and forward if you have glasses
- Stand turned slightly–shoulder toward me. Head on photos can sometimes give a linebacker shoulder impresson.
Things to keep in mind if you have kids.
- Toddlers and babies don’t like posed photos. Be prepared to let them take breaks and have their photo taken doing what they do–running around and running at the photographer. I call this Developmentally Appropriate Photography. No point in fighting it–you won’t get better photos trying to get them to sit still and pose.
- Think about a fun set up. The Little Red Riding Hood session in a Redwood Grove was fun and easy to do. The tea party at the house on kid sized chairs.
- Bring snacks and toys. Be ready to take a break. Bring spare clothes.
- Lots of kids get nervous in front of the camera and start to act out. I’m used to it! I was an elementary school teacher for 8 years–let me help your kids to relax and be ready for the photos while you focus on smiling and standing or sitting in a way that makes you feel comfortable. Your photos will be beautiful if you can relax and be ready when your kids are!
- Please complete the pre-interview questionaire and email to me at least a week before our shoot. If we schedule our shoot to fall within the period of a week, please return to me ASAP so that we can plan a shoot in a place that you love, on a day that isn’t too busy or rainy.
Please complete and return at least one week prior to portrait session. Thanks!
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form